IPB
Onlineworlds.org Fun Free Online Massively Multiplayer Strategy Wargames - Galaxies Ablaze - Mage Realms - Star Trades

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reviving The Game!
kuuudah!
post Oct 31 2013, 03:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,610
GA Status:Active Player
MR Status:Active Player
ST Status:Don't Play ST

So, I have taken it upon myself to attempt to bring some life back into this game.

As of now I have had 4 friends rejoin the game.. with a few more on the way from people that use to play back in the day.

I have made a post on Facebook. And have also started spreading the word in a few other games that I play for people to come and give it a shot. Also telling them if they need help figuring it out to ask.

I love the game I just think everyone needs to make an effort and then we can actually get it going. My family and friends have also agreed to post on their facebook as well. And let people know in their games they play. If each person just brings 1 or 2 more.. the size of the game can expand once more.

An idea to help would be for the game to get an App... for Iphones and Android. If that is at all possible maybe once the numbers go up a bit more... then im sure the amount of people would grow even further!.. as I personally know about another 15 people that want to play but they usually only play App games and therefore are unsure if they actually want to.

Just my thoughts.

I think everyone who still checks on the forum should make the effort to drive this game into peoples thoughts and bring it back up to what it use to be if not even more...!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kuuudah!
post Nov 2 2013, 08:21 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,610
GA Status:Active Player
MR Status:Active Player
ST Status:Don't Play ST

So.. Fresh out of newbie status and I have realized a few things making it.. not so much difficult.. but undesirable for new players to stay in...

I am obviously not new... but still I can understand how the new players feel..

the hour fresh out of newbie.. and I am spied/spy attacked by the largest person in the game already... yes I do realize that we are at war... yes I do realize under regular times it happens so it doesn't matter... BUT... at this point with the game at such low numbers... maybe putting up some kinda thing to help out people fresh outta newbie status players... in the attempts to keep them interested in the game instead of annoyed and leaving like what seems to be happening.. not more newbie status protection... just a size cap on spies or something to just keep new players interested... (and only for a little bit of time until the games numbers start increasing a little more)

as I feel out how the game is going for people still I will be posting some other options just in the hopes people either read and decide hey.. maybe I wont annoy and scare of the new people right away... or something is actually done about it in the attempts to regain the population...

+Quote Post
Belgian Lands
post Nov 11 2013, 11:25 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 23
GA Status:Former Player

QUOTE(kuuudah! @ Nov 2 2013, 10:21 AM) *
So.. Fresh out of newbie status and I have realized a few things making it.. not so much difficult.. but undesirable for new players to stay in...

I am obviously not new... but still I can understand how the new players feel..

the hour fresh out of newbie.. and I am spied/spy attacked by the largest person in the game already... yes I do realize that we are at war... yes I do realize under regular times it happens so it doesn't matter... BUT... at this point with the game at such low numbers... maybe putting up some kinda thing to help out people fresh outta newbie status players... in the attempts to keep them interested in the game instead of annoyed and leaving like what seems to be happening.. not more newbie status protection... just a size cap on spies or something to just keep new players interested... (and only for a little bit of time until the games numbers start increasing a little more)

as I feel out how the game is going for people still I will be posting some other options just in the hopes people either read and decide hey.. maybe I wont annoy and scare of the new people right away... or something is actually done about it in the attempts to regain the population...

not posting to say i'm returning, i practically killed MR 2 years ago, i won't do it again. But there's already a protection for weaker planets against larger by the 50% bash rule.

HOWEVER, there could be further assistance to help latecomers.
1) add 10k science to advanced buildings for every day past the newbie mode ended for everyone for every latecomer. That way peeps who start late won't be majorly behind the peeps who already got full research trees.
2) Fix the bug where exploration is 24 hours if you sign up late, peeps who play from start have 18 hour explo.

But the biggest issue is a mentality issue. Peeps wanna glory whore in MR when they're not good enough at it and get pissed off when they're getting plunder farmed for honor. That while MR is a war game. Give up on glory and play more a war strat. War strats might not render as much honor as glory whoring (if glory grows beyond 10 million), but it can win rounds on honor, plus it can be much more fun than glory whoring as well.

--------------------
Magerealms:
11 time winner & 4 times second in Honor - 7 time largest realm (Glory & Land) - 17 rounds participated
R59 - Record in size - Underworld (1:3) - 44,508,176 G - 38,651 L - Goblin Barbarian
R70 - Record broken - Eternal Alchemy (1:3) - 95,996,257 G - 118,092 L - 86,512 H - Gnome Air Scholar

+Quote Post
The Dark Lord
post Nov 15 2013, 01:22 AM
Post #4

The forum's grim reaper

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 20
MR Status:Former Player
ST Status:Former Player

Make the game playable on phones...

--------------------
Round 39: 2 Epistemophobia (2:8) 23,234,216

best finish.... after 34 rounds of trying LOL

+Quote Post
Belgian Lands
post Nov 16 2013, 02:52 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(The Dark Lord @ Nov 15 2013, 02:22 AM) *
Make the game playable on phones...

Eh, creating an app out of something already existing isn't done rapidly. Also, people with phones can just use browsers on them for it.. sure it requires a lot of expanding and shrinking the window, but it's doable.

--------------------
Magerealms:
11 time winner & 4 times second in Honor - 7 time largest realm (Glory & Land) - 17 rounds participated
R59 - Record in size - Underworld (1:3) - 44,508,176 G - 38,651 L - Goblin Barbarian
R70 - Record broken - Eternal Alchemy (1:3) - 95,996,257 G - 118,092 L - 86,512 H - Gnome Air Scholar

+Quote Post
The Dark Lord
post Nov 21 2013, 02:41 AM
Post #6

The forum's grim reaper

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 20
MR Status:Former Player
ST Status:Former Player

QUOTE(Belgian Lands @ Nov 16 2013, 07:52 AM) *
Eh, creating an app out of something already existing isn't done rapidly. Also, people with phones can just use browsers on them for it.. sure it requires a lot of expanding and shrinking the window, but it's doable.

That is way more commitment than I am willing to give anything.

Probably why I'm still single

--------------------
Round 39: 2 Epistemophobia (2:8) 23,234,216

best finish.... after 34 rounds of trying LOL

+Quote Post
Belgian Lands
post Nov 21 2013, 05:59 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(The Dark Lord @ Nov 21 2013, 03:41 AM) *
That is way more commitment than I am willing to give anything.
Probably why I'm still single

Heh, work harder towards a GF then! Then again depends what you want in a relationship though wink.gif

--------------------
Magerealms:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2018 - 08:00 PM