IPB
Onlineworlds.org Fun Free Online Massively Multiplayer Strategy Wargames - Galaxies Ablaze - Mage Realms - Star Trades

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's Time
ners23
post Jun 5 2008, 01:35 PM
Post #1

resident donut salesman

Group: Members
Member No.: 6
GA Status:New player
MR Status:New Player
ST Status:New Player

now i know i dont make too many serious posts, so bear with me here.

ive either played or been around ga for quite a while now. i started playing in round 1, have been al and sl more time than i care to count, and have met many people through this game, some of whom werent complete dicktards. i played when we could fill 5 galaxies of 30 systems each, when dozens of people would be on aim actually planning wars. when the game wasnt just about the top ten and everyone else was just cannon fodder.

having attempted to start for a couple of rounds now, however, i have come to realise how fundamentally broken this game is. whereas in the past, a medium sized player could forge a round for himself, be an active part of an alliance, have a say in the game, it has degenerated to the point where such a player should be praised if they can find the patience to even make it through the round without quitting.

it has become impossible for 90% of the player base to make one hit without being hit 5 times in 10 hours. the fundamental principles of the game have changed. nuking someone who hits you is seen as about as acceptable as rape, despite the fact they have no other way to retaliate. people tear up about raids as if they were worse than the holocaust, yet no-one can tell me what so bad about losing LESS land.

in the end, though, what i find most surprising, is that people are so ready to heap blame on the people who make and pay for this game for the slightest perceived error that they feel is ruining the game. im tipping most of you do nothing to contribute the game except to piss and moan that is isnt to youre exacting standards. that it isnt what helps you win as readily, and stuff everyone else.

the rules arent to blame. chick and fugs arent to blame. i struggle to think of people who more readily bend over backwards to help you, or heaven forbid, give you a free game to play.

youre to blame. i'll take blame myself. weve all become a bunch of whinging, complaining, arrogant arseholes that we have driven 90% of the player base away from what used to be a great game. we will NEVER get the players back to make this game fun again. we will NEVER make this game accessable for everyone again.

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

which is why i ask both chick and fugs, which heaven forbid they actually read this forum anymore, because i know i would have given up on this haven of stupidity, arrogance and complaints a long time ago, please end this game.

i dont say this out of any malice, hatred, or out of me being a shit stirrer. i know my reputation. i know ive never been taken seriously. i say this as someone who played this game for a long time, met many great people out of it, who are no longer here. people who i hated who are no longer here because they feel like as i do. that this game has lost something it cannot bring back. because this game has lost its player base.

please, finish with what you have, rather than finish with nothing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SWB
post Jun 5 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #2

Syndicate Godfather

Member No.: 10
GA Status:GA Veteran

wow.... just WOW!

Nice post ners. Sums up what I've been saying for the last 15 games.

And for the record, I've always taken you seriously, below the jokes and all you're a player of my taste:D Nuke as retals! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Death is light as a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain.

Forum Topics started: 56

Syndicate - Mess with one, mess with all!

Apr 19, 6:50 am Troops from Greed of Mankind (1:9) attacked the Rogue Asteroid and conquered 119 land.

+Quote Post
pirkeva
post Jun 5 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 42

amazing ners, you made a great point there....

--------------------
My Scores

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
(23:34:30) pirkeva: PS. Did we ever had such a nice chat be4?
(23:34:36) SKaimD: Nope
(23:34:39) SKaimD: noway!
(23:34:40) SKaimD: lol
(23:34:45) SKaimD: so don't tell anyone;)

+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 7 2008, 08:33 AM
Post #4

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8

QUOTE(ners23 @ Jun 5 2008, 02:35 PM) *
it has become impossible for 90% of the player base to make one hit without being hit 5 times in 10 hours. the fundamental principles of the game have changed. nuking someone who hits you is seen as about as acceptable as rape, despite the fact they have no other way to retaliate.

the rules arent to blame. chick and fugs arent to blame. i struggle to think of people who more readily bend over backwards to help you, or heaven forbid, give you a free game to play.

youre to blame. i'll take blame myself. weve all become a bunch of whinging, complaining, arrogant arseholes that we have driven 90% of the player base away from what used to be a great game. we will NEVER get the players back to make this game fun again. we will NEVER make this game accessable for everyone again.

This here quoted - is exactly the problem with GA.

I managed last round to make hits all round and not get KT'd. I was Triskiadekaphobia btw. That wasn't the same for my system however - some of the more active offensive players got targeted. And then said morons who targeted complained about a turtle winning the round.

I was interested in last round solely because of the people in my system - I couldn't care for the rest of the game. Won't be playing this round and have been fed up with the people in this game for about 10 or more rounds now, and I just don't see it getting better.

I agree too that Chick and Fugs have done amazing things in setting up these games that are inherently free. However I disagree with the fact they aren't to take some 'blame' as you put it. The thing is, if this game was policed and updated and improved on a more consistent basis - keep things active from the Admin side down has to be the way it works, NOT the other way around. And that's why we've lost so many great players and a large player database. It wasn't a sudden thing - it was a gradual thing, which is indicative of a consistent decline in activeness, rather than suddenly becoming bad.

--------------------
|Living in a Multiverse|
~ ~ ~
-=[Proud AL of GateKaaos and PosseTwo]=-

+Quote Post
davidx
post Jun 8 2008, 09:37 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41
GA Status:Former Player

I couldnt agree more.. with ners that is. And we cant complain too much about the admins.. they have always been very helpful! And GA is free to play and game isnt free to manage. Maybe not too expensive but time is also valuable.

..and now I wonder how long it takes for someone to yell GAX!! Or sneak in commercial for FK... lol EA you know what Im talking about wink.gif

--------------------
There is nothing like a Brazilian Summer.. well should be a Brazilian Spammer then!

+Quote Post
Makaveli
post Jun 8 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,809

If everyone sat there nuking for retals how far would anyone get? Same goes for raids. One could easily just raid whoever is ahead, keeping everyone at the same size basically getting to a point where later researches aren't even useful. I thought that was what GAX was for. I mean, imo thats all it would be is just boring chaos. If you want to use cheap little tactics to retaliate then just be ready for War cool.gif

--------------------
AngelsAirwaves for LoSeR of the year =)

Mafia

Project Mayhem (2:1) 108,657,813

We assaulted planet La Dolce Vita (2:5) and conquered 15,870 land, 2,639 money, 2,318,709 power and 38,745 population.

+Quote Post
Tempest
post Jun 9 2008, 01:04 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 166

GAX/FK > GA

--------------------
The Dark Lord deleted my signature AGAIN! cause i made fun of him...
Which caused me to poke fun at the Dark Lord EVEN MORE cause he is stupid, and smells funny, and looks like a monkey, and has a duck for a brother, and lives in a box, and picks up gum all day, and pretends he is superman, and gets sick from drinking water, and has no friends, and loves to eat grass, and thinks his dog can talk, and make fart jokes all day, and hope aliens will abduct him, and wishes he was a woman, and picks his nose, and puts make-up on, and dosn't know how to swim, and is really fat, and has blue colored hair, and sings in the shower, and dosn't wash himself, and is afraid of bananas, and hates when people talk to him, and makes love to his teddy bear, and wants Michael Jackson to move in with him, and watches guys in the locker room, and dosn't know how to read, and has bad breath, and is bad at GA, and spends all his time under his desk, and thinks Santa is the "Real" Santa, and thinks Chick is his girlfriend, and wishes he could go out with Exotic, and loves to eat gym socks, and hates to see people laugh, and drives a Seg-Way, and deletes sigs, cause he doesn't like them, and is a cheerleader, and is a Girl Scout, and plays with himself, and pretends he is George Bush, and thinks Heklim's a dude, and wants to have Ners babies, and has one friend on AIM (himself)... and is just pain DARK!
(And the more he deletes, the more i add...)

And if he deletes this, it means he is SO insecure with himself, that he is afraid of what some nobody on a web site says about him...

The Dark Lord was here

+Quote Post
ners23
post Jun 9 2008, 10:05 AM
Post #8

resident donut salesman

Member No.: 6
GA Status:New player

QUOTE(Makaveli @ Jun 9 2008, 08:14 AM) *
If everyone sat there nuking for retals how far would anyone get? Same goes for raids. One could easily just raid whoever is ahead, keeping everyone at the same size basically getting to a point where later researches aren't even useful.

this could almost qualify for a intelligent post if you had any idea what you were talking about.

after a certain amount of raids, a planets defence goes on hightened alert where raids no longer possible for a period of time. as for nukes, they are far less effective coming from a small planet on a large one, which is 99% the case. can you tell me the last time top players got into a raiding and nuking match? it benefits none of them, so it doesnt happen.

PS - youre an idiot.

+Quote Post
davidx
post Jun 9 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

You guys know the best sign of the end of GA...

3 SWB (2:7) 237,438

SWB you MUST see the fun in this! haha wink.gif

--------------------
There is nothing like a Brazilian Summer.. well should be a Brazilian Spammer then!

+Quote Post
Makaveli
post Jun 9 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ners23 @ Jun 9 2008, 02:05 AM) *
this could almost qualify for a intelligent post if you had any idea what you were talking about.

after a certain amount of raids, a planets defence goes on hightened alert where raids no longer possible for a period of time. as for nukes, they are far less effective coming from a small planet on a large one, which is 99% the case. can you tell me the last time top players got into a raiding and nuking match? it benefits none of them, so it doesnt happen.

PS - youre an idiot.

I'd reckon you're in dire need of some well overdue intimacy?

My statement was in general and simply gave my opinion on what I figured to be the discussion. My comment on raids was about those who like SWB said have no other way of defending themselves. Obviously there wouldn't be a raiding/nuking match because the things you spoke of is widely unacceptable already. So Einstein, its like I said..

IF EVERYONE THOUGHT RAIDING/NUKING WAS ACCEPTABLE FOR A FAIR GRAB THEN IT WOULD BE BORING CHAOS.

PS - Grow up - Get laid

--------------------

Mafia

We assaulted planet La Dolce Vita (2:5) and conquered 15,870 land, 2,639 money, 2,318,709 power and 38,745 population.

+Quote Post
Tempest
post Jun 9 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 166

QUOTE(Makaveli @ Jun 9 2008, 07:19 AM) *
PS - Grow up - Get laid

+1

--------------------
The Dark Lord deleted my signature AGAIN! cause i made fun of him...
Which caused me to poke fun at the Dark Lord EVEN MORE cause he is stupid, and smells funny, and looks like a monkey, and has a duck for a brother, and lives in a box, and picks up gum all day, and pretends he is superman, and gets sick from drinking water, and has no friends, and loves to eat grass, and thinks his dog can talk, and make fart jokes all day, and hope aliens will abduct him, and wishes he was a woman, and picks his nose, and puts make-up on, and dosn't know how to swim, and is really fat, and has blue colored hair, and sings in the shower, and dosn't wash himself, and is afraid of bananas, and hates when people talk to him, and makes love to his teddy bear, and wants Michael Jackson to move in with him, and watches guys in the locker room, and dosn't know how to read, and has bad breath, and is bad at GA, and spends all his time under his desk, and thinks Santa is the "Real" Santa, and thinks Chick is his girlfriend, and wishes he could go out with Exotic, and loves to eat gym socks, and hates to see people laugh, and drives a Seg-Way, and deletes sigs, cause he doesn't like them, and is a cheerleader, and is a Girl Scout, and plays with himself, and pretends he is George Bush, and thinks Heklim's a dude, and wants to have Ners babies, and has one friend on AIM (himself)... and is just pain DARK!
(And the more he deletes, the more i add...)

And if he deletes this, it means he is SO insecure with himself, that he is afraid of what some nobody on a web site says about him...

The Dark Lord was here

+Quote Post
SWB
post Jun 10 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #12

Syndicate Godfather

I think you're wrong. I prefer being raided than being assaulted:p And raiding someone 80-90% your size is a good grab imo... i don't know if the force field research applies to raids, but if it doesn't, raids would be competitive. If everyone did it, it wouldn't be chaos.. just look at MR. Volcs would be fun to play again.

And David. It's my last game. That's the reason for the name:)

--------------------

Apr 19, 6:50 am Troops from Greed of Mankind (1:9) attacked the Rogue Asteroid and conquered 119 land.

+Quote Post
Makaveli
post Jun 10 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

SWB: If you raid someone 80-90% your size and he is one of the top planets or anyone for that matter. You don't think he would raid you back? Or something with equal or more retaliation? I know I would lol and i'm one of the more calm players here. I can only imagine.

I never tried MR so I can't speak on it, but Volcanic is hot business regardless imo.

Overall I think this will remain one's opinion, where there is no right or wrong mate wink.gif

--------------------

Mafia

+Quote Post
SWB
post Jun 11 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #14

Syndicate Godfather

If you raid someone bigger than you, you can MAX gain 8% of your own land, but then it would be better to assault the planet and gain 10% of their land.

If you raid someone 80% your own size, you will end up gaining 8% of your own land (which is the same as if you actually assaulted him), and slightly less casualties.

Let me give you a few examples:

X1
---

Planet A, 10000 land
Planet B, 8000 land
Planet C, 8500 land

B and C has same defense.

A assaults B with no force fields, gains 800 land.
A assaults B with force fields, gains 720 land.

A raids B breaking 50% of defense, gains 400 land
A raids C breaking 50% of defense, gains land 416 land

If it is like that you will gain less land by raiding (but less casualties) as long as forcefields doesn't apply to raid (i think they do though).

X2
---

This is the real trick to it. Usually you have enough military to break 10-20 more than what you did, or perhaps as much as 50% more.

Planet A, 10000 land
Planet B, 8000 land
Planet C, 8500 land

B and C has same defense.

A raids B breaking 70% of defense, gains 560 land
A raids C breaking 50% of defense, gains land 422 land

Sure, you sent out 20%, but you gained 982 land instead of just 850 (if you had only assaulted C). You gain more land, they loose less land, both are happy.

---------

So yeah, imo raids should be accepted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Makaveli
post Jun 11 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

I believe we were focusing on different points. I was talking about as far as raiding someone who you couldn't assault. No objections to raiding someone you could of spanked anyway.

--------------------

Mafia

+Quote Post
heklim
post Jun 11 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

i have a huge e-penis

--------------------
GA planet names: St Lucifer, myg0tica, Pikachu, Beastiality, Schizoid, Big Censored Censored, LSD, Caligastia, heklim rox, WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, Lucifer, a drunk hobo rectally, monster wendys, Tundra, AIDS, Knob Creek, Lamb Skin, AmoebA, The Proctologist, Planet Name,
(more to be updated, thats all I can remember at the moment, and all of these planets got kt'd except drunk hobo =)
AL #1 INSANITY 476,427,104

+Quote Post
Exotic Br Power
post Jun 12 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #17

The Sexiest Player From OLW!!!

Member No.: 57

mr>gax>ga

and about raidings...yes...its fair game, or chick would just allow those hits with war status on.
you never tried mr? u should try...I think most of the player shouldtry it b4 leaves ga...the gameisnt for nw whores, then dont expectto be huge...the game is for teamwork and warmongers

--------------------
GAX

Round 13: 1 - = Haphazard Sphere = - (1:2) 50,834
Round 15: 5 Lords of the Drinks (1:8) 28,991
Round 21: 3 Brothers in Arms (2:4) 38,259
Round 22: 1 Arda (1:2) 66,779
Round 23: 1 Faster Than The Speed Of Knight. (1:5) 70,287
Round 29: 5 Your Blood Tastes Good...Are You Drunk??? (1:6) 50,670
Round 31: 4 MR Elite V2.1 (1:2) 42,777
Round 39: 1 The best sphere! (2:2) 63,626

+Quote Post
Makaveli
post Jun 13 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

--------------------

Mafia

+Quote Post
Forgotten King O...
post Jun 15 2008, 03:23 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,557
MR Status:Former Player
ST Status:Former Player

wait... mage realms isnt for networth whores? what the hell was i doing then? *is now confused* xD

--------------------
GA - Best player to never finish top 20 (no, i'm not kidding)

MR -
Round 10 > 1 I Banged Princess Peach (1:5) Gnome Dark 26,476 (BARBARIAN)

Round 13 > 1 I Screwed Princess Peach (2:2) Gnome Dark 44,985 (BARBARIAN)
2 PaleRider (1:3) Elf Nature 36,758

Round 16 > 1 Lay Down N Breathe Deep (3:4) Draconian Air 33,074 (WAR GENERAL)

I am not a one trick pony, i ride the pony to victory! charge!

Why do i always die in GA? Because i play GA like you should play MR. Why do i always win in MR? Because i'm just that damn good at an actual war game :D

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 06:17 AM