IPB
Onlineworlds.org Fun Free Online Massively Multiplayer Strategy Wargames - Galaxies Ablaze - Mage Realms - Star Trades

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ---> Read This Before Complaining That Mage Realms Needs Updates <---
The Dark Lord
post Oct 28 2008, 09:04 PM
Post #1

The forum's grim reaper

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 20
GA Status:Former Player
MR Status:Former Player
ST Status:Former Player

As Twylah said in another thread, I'm posting it up here FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE so that we don't have 1000 threads about it anymore.

QUOTE(TwylahSkye @ Sep 7 2008, 01:21 PM) *
There will be some changes for the next round. Smaller group sizes, for one. And I believe the sphere sizes will also be smaller, creating more spheres and more planes, creating the opportunity for more wars. With smaller groups and smaller spheres, it will be more difficult for one sphere/group to dominate the game. It will also, by necessity, create more activity.

If everyone wants major changes, please take some time to really think about what you'd like to see (and, importantly, WHY). Take the time to post your suggestions and be as detailed as possible. I know that Chick takes everyone's opinions very seriously, and no one knows the game better than those of us who have been playing for years and love the game.

So if you want new spells then tell her what you'd like to see and why. New wonders? What and why. New spy missions - same thing. New game mechanics (like tweaks to hostility, wars, etc) - again... what and why.

- Twylah

Seriously, if you have any suggestions, post them. Chick was one of the creators of the games, but even she isn't full of ideas. I haven't played a game since the stone age so I have no clue what the game needs. Game changes are a community effort.

Thank you. Sorry for sounding like a nag.

--------------------
Round 39: 2 Epistemophobia (2:8) 23,234,216

best finish.... after 34 rounds of trying LOL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
meldrew_loves_au...
post Oct 31 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25
GA Status:GA Veteran
MR Status:New Player
ST Status:New Player

QUOTE(The Dark Lord @ Oct 28 2008, 09:04 PM) *
As Twylah said in another thread, I'm posting it up here FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE so that we don't have 1000 threads about it anymore.
Seriously, if you have any suggestions, post them. Chick was one of the creators of the games, but even she isn't full of ideas. I haven't played a game since the stone age so I have no clue what the game needs. Game changes are a community effort.

Thank you. Sorry for sounding like a nag.

ive decided to give MR ago, and i like the sound of it. 4 planes and alot more systems means everyone needs to work together to get things done. so its a good, but i also think its likely to make many spheres without a group allocated to it go dorment.

My suggestion for the future is. 1 plane, 7 spheres. group sizes 3. but with the ability of having 2 or more groups per sphere.

I think it could be interesting due to the fact 1 sphere is dominated by 1 group normally, what they want goes, and its the same this round, if you got a group of 3 theyll all vote the same way. This way different groups and different attitudes come into it.

also make the costs of wonders back to how they used to be... like 20 or 30 million. Also it would be 15 or 20 per sphere, i think that would be awesome! atleast for a 1 round try out.

--------------------

meldrew69: hey exotic :(
exotics AIM: hey bud why no happy???
meldrew69: ah...its nothing?
exotics AIM: tell me mate i make it better :D
meldrew69: ah ok, its just i hate having no legs!!!!!!
exotics AIM: wot??? you have no legs? what you mean???? your joing?
meldrew69: no mate, last week, while i was in the bath, my legs just kinda fell off.
exotics AIM: omg! im sooo sorry! plz you no lie??? this is truth? im very sad for you, i didnt know, im soooo sorry mate!
meldrew69: ah its ok dont worry about it

Ever Been Hit By Me?
HaRmOnIc GeNeRaToR PUT SHOE ON HEAD Tinkkilainen Kats Pretend Boyfriend No Pants Dance Wie Ein Schmetterling HOUDINI Extrodinare Miss December IRN BRU makes me horney ill stir fry u in my wok i am an arctic monkey Napolean Dynamite HI HO rushden and diamonds I pee sitting down hung like a donkey MILF HUNTER The Return Meltron Wonderland

+Quote Post
Belgian Lands
post Nov 1 2008, 12:08 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23
GA Status:Former Player

QUOTE(meldrew_loves_aussie_chicks @ Oct 31 2008, 11:37 PM) *
ive decided to give MR ago, and i like the sound of it. 4 planes and alot more systems means everyone needs to work together to get things done. so its a good, but i also think its likely to make many spheres without a group allocated to it go dorment.

My suggestion for the future is. 1 plane, 7 spheres. group sizes 3. but with the ability of having 2 or more groups per sphere.

I think it could be interesting due to the fact 1 sphere is dominated by 1 group normally, what they want goes, and its the same this round, if you got a group of 3 theyll all vote the same way. This way different groups and different attitudes come into it.

also make the costs of wonders back to how they used to be... like 20 or 30 million. Also it would be 15 or 20 per sphere, i think that would be awesome! atleast for a 1 round try out.

We had such a round... Round 22... Only it was 3 planes with 4 spheres with like 15 in each.
It turned out to be boring. 1 sphere grew too big for the others. The 3 TD spheres couldn't find wars. And a couple spheres were deserted or only has 1-2 medium to large realms and couldn't find equal wars.
The more options for war the better. So this tiny sphere system might actually work.

--------------------
Magerealms:
11 time winner & 4 times second in Honor - 7 time largest realm (Glory & Land) - 17 rounds participated
R59 - Record in size - Underworld (1:3) - 44,508,176 G - 38,651 L - Goblin Barbarian
R70 - Record broken - Eternal Alchemy (1:3) - 95,996,257 G - 118,092 L - 86,512 H - Gnome Air Scholar

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 01:35 PM