IPB
Onlineworlds.org Fun Free Online Massively Multiplayer Strategy Wargames - Galaxies Ablaze - Mage Realms - Star Trades

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Most Honorable Realms
davidx
post Dec 7 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41
GA Status:Former Player

Dont get me wrong people but isnt the score system a bit messed up where you can explore and mass scholars like crazy and be first in scores? This is my first round actually playin for honor score and just not sphere fame (well that one isnt as hard anymore.. wink.gif and I have to admit I havent got the touch for it yet but Ive had 6 straight wars now with a lot of spy missions sent, combat honor and spells sent.. and Im 4th, all fine.

But that goblin guy is first and for all I know they only had one war.. but having at least 120k scholars, exploring and being light shouldnt give that much honor. The pointsystem should be set in a way that makes people wanna have as many wars as possible, and needed, to make high points.. or am I wrong here?

I mean the guy hasnt even been able to plunder without bashing for the last week or so atleast..

--------------------
There is nothing like a Brazilian Summer.. well should be a Brazilian Spammer then!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Belgian Lands
post Dec 8 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 23

QUOTE(davidx @ Dec 7 2008, 11:42 PM) *
Dont get me wrong people but isnt the score system a bit messed up where you can explore and mass scholars like crazy and be first in scores? This is my first round actually playin for honor score and just not sphere fame (well that one isnt as hard anymore.. wink.gif and I have to admit I havent got the touch for it yet but Ive had 6 straight wars now with a lot of spy missions sent, combat honor and spells sent.. and Im 4th, all fine.

But that goblin guy is first and for all I know they only had one war.. but having at least 120k scholars, exploring and being light shouldnt give that much honor. The pointsystem should be set in a way that makes people wanna have as many wars as possible, and needed, to make high points.. or am I wrong here?

I mean the guy hasnt even been able to plunder without bashing for the last week or so atleast..

I don't see any flaws in the system... Cause if people in the beginning didn't murder eachother out in the beginning they could have done something about the overgrown sphere of the goblins in the beginning. By letting them grow to an outrageous advantage you screwed your chances to win honor. Take out systems who are bigger then others early on, that way noone will grow to be too big.

And massing scholars won't help you win honor, cause scientist ratio gives crap honor, but it's land size that affects most of your research honor. and to be honest, the only reason he's in the lead is because he's LIGHT! if he wasn't light his spell honor would at least be 5 to 6k lower and he'd be below the closest competitors.

But it sounds more to me that you're angry that the honor win won't be out of your sphere this time. I heard from a friend that the last rounds it was always someone from your sphere that always won, due to your sphere being the overgrown 1.

--------------------
Magerealms:
11 time winner & 4 times second in Honor - 7 time largest realm (Glory & Land) - 17 rounds participated
R59 - Record in size - Underworld (1:3) - 44,508,176 G - 38,651 L - Goblin Barbarian
R70 - Record broken - Eternal Alchemy (1:3) - 95,996,257 G - 118,092 L - 86,512 H - Gnome Air Scholar

+Quote Post
davidx
post Dec 8 2008, 02:16 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Angry? No.. haha I just asked some questions! We wared the goblins early on and won cause they werent that active.. =) then they outgrew us when we had several wars, now it would be suicide.

And you didnt give me any good explaination? All you did was to attack me.. my sphere and telling me Im jelous, I could spend a whole round exploring too wink.gif and others but how fun would MR be then? I just asked if its resonable that the scores work out this way? Can you give me a NORMAL answer now where you tell me why this is good?

And our sphere being overgrown all rounds and therefor tom and austria win isnt true.. wink.gif Cause then you wouldnt have won sphere fame and ending the rounds hardly over 1 mille glory.. get facts straight man wink.gif

--------------------
There is nothing like a Brazilian Summer.. well should be a Brazilian Spammer then!

+Quote Post
Belgian Lands
post Dec 8 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(davidx @ Dec 8 2008, 03:16 PM) *
Angry? No.. haha I just asked some questions! We wared the goblins early on and won cause they werent that active.. =) then they outgrew us when we had several wars, now it would be suicide.

And you didnt give me any good explaination? All you did was to attack me.. my sphere and telling me Im jelous, I could spend a whole round exploring too wink.gif and others but how fun would MR be then? I just asked if its resonable that the scores work out this way? Can you give me a NORMAL answer now where you tell me why this is good?

And our sphere being overgrown all rounds and therefor tom and austria win isnt true.. wink.gif Cause then you wouldnt have won sphere fame and ending the rounds hardly over 1 mille glory.. get facts straight man wink.gif

1) i've never been playing those rounds myself, only basing of the intel given to me. And considering the honor ranks, it always shows 2 spheres up top en masse, that usually points out the sphere was amongst the biggest, cause not everyone aims for honor in a sphere.

2) A good explanation, for a good explanation, there needs to be a clear question. all i did say is why the goblins (well 1 at least) is leading barely. And that's cause research honor is mostly based off land. And they got an abundance of that. And due to his light spell state he easily obtained spell honor without needing wars. else he'd been stuck in the region of his fellow gobbos.

3) It wasn't an attempt to attack you, just stating a clear fact that now it isn't your sphere getting the leader, you suddenly start complaining about the system in here. It's been around like this for over 20 rounds and never was there a complaint.

the system of research honor shouldn't be changed, cause NORMALLY noone ever gets that huge, only when spheres get stacked (a good randomer in 2.3's case), does it happen.

If there's 1 thing that should change it's the honor given for light spells. Tier 1 to 3 should stay as they are, tiers 4 and 5 should give 66% honor when the hostilities are indifferent or unfriendly. Tiers 6 and 7 should remain the same as they are now. Tier 8 should give 40% honor when hostilities are indifferent/unfriendly and 70% honor when the hostilities are angry/belligerent. tiers 9 and 10 should give 25% honor when hostilities are indifferent/unfriendly, 50% when they are angry/belligerent and 75% when hostile. That way a light realm will ALSO need war state to get big spell honor, but they still get honor for their spells if they're sent in peace modus.

--------------------
Magerealms:
11 time winner & 4 times second in Honor - 7 time largest realm (Glory & Land) - 17 rounds participated
R59 - Record in size - Underworld (1:3) - 44,508,176 G - 38,651 L - Goblin Barbarian
R70 - Record broken - Eternal Alchemy (1:3) - 95,996,257 G - 118,092 L - 86,512 H - Gnome Air Scholar

+Quote Post
davidx
post Dec 8 2008, 09:50 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Thats cause I never played for honor before!!! I havent seen anyone in top just making lightspells and exploring being nr1, thats why I didnt ask untill now! And therefor my clear question is "Is this system any good? Do all agree on that it seems fair? And does it attract more wars.. ?

and hat of to big goblin guy who have made a good round! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forgotten King O...
post Dec 10 2008, 09:06 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,557
MR Status:Former Player
ST Status:Former Player

I laugh at all of you... totally serial! (southpark... anyone?)

If you really want to win for honor. The easiest way is to do the following... Either dwarf/air/cav or gobbo/X/hg. (goblin magic is really irrelevant). You have to make sur eyou get over 16,000 land with an 8-10:1 ratio of scholars. For every 1000 land past 16,000 add another 1:1 for your necessary scholar ratio. Run 60-70% income. Its really quite simple. You can do it with or without barbarian... if you do go barbarian, you better be good enough to survive, dont bitch when you get targetted early. Anyways... i'll ramble more in a few months... You can always send me an email or leave me an offline message on aim/msn if you are privy to such contact information (if you want to learn more about how to honor dominate and make enemies) Toodles.

--------------------
GA - Best player to never finish top 20 (no, i'm not kidding)

MR -
Round 10 > 1 I Banged Princess Peach (1:5) Gnome Dark 26,476 (BARBARIAN)

Round 13 > 1 I Screwed Princess Peach (2:2) Gnome Dark 44,985 (BARBARIAN)
2 PaleRider (1:3) Elf Nature 36,758

Round 16 > 1 Lay Down N Breathe Deep (3:4) Draconian Air 33,074 (WAR GENERAL)

I am not a one trick pony, i ride the pony to victory! charge!

Why do i always die in GA? Because i play GA like you should play MR. Why do i always win in MR? Because i'm just that damn good at an actual war game :D

+Quote Post
Belgian Lands
post Dec 10 2008, 12:09 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Forgotten King Of OLW @ Dec 10 2008, 10:06 AM) *
I laugh at all of you... totally serial! (southpark... anyone?)

If you really want to win for honor. The easiest way is to do the following... Either dwarf/air/cav or gobbo/X/hg. (goblin magic is really irrelevant). You have to make sur eyou get over 16,000 land with an 8-10:1 ratio of scholars. For every 1000 land past 16,000 add another 1:1 for your necessary scholar ratio. Run 60-70% income. Its really quite simple. You can do it with or without barbarian... if you do go barbarian, you better be good enough to survive, dont bitch when you get targetted early. Anyways... i'll ramble more in a few months... You can always send me an email or leave me an offline message on aim/msn if you are privy to such contact information (if you want to learn more about how to honor dominate and make enemies) Toodles.

LOL... Seriously, it doesn't matter what setup you use... All you need is a sphere with good backup, cause with spells your game is easily screwed. And if you're a singled out big guy, you end up like nightmare on elm street this round, you get raided, then plundered then bash plundered (and if you're stupid enough to do like him and start a war) get bash massacred. If a stacked sphere wants to they can just weaken any big realm by massing attacks on him so his growth is lower then the losses. All thanks to raids being the main attack type, but noone will ever do such a thing on realms who got allies that can hurt you back even more.

So please don't come here saying it requires skill to grow big. Cause i always ended small except for 1 round where i crushed everyone in size, cause oooh, i was in the stacked sphere! and it has been the same in every round i played. The one winning glory was the one who had the most top 10 allies throughout the whole round. And often other big guys got mass raided down a few notches.

There are plenty ways of winning honor, but that way is indeed the easiest if you're lucky. And no, light is making him win, cause without it his spell honor wouldn't suffice to stay ahead of at least the 2nd and 3rd this round. But you're not playing so you can't see the current honor ranking.

--------------------
Magerealms:

+Quote Post
Belgian Lands
post Dec 13 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

1 Totally untouchable (1:3) 77,999
2 Be awake or the Rauhrackel will get you.. (2:1) 61,733

I think you shouldn't have blurted out how easy it is to win fame, David. Cause something that's o so easy according to you, you guys failed at this round.

--------------------
Magerealms:

+Quote Post
davidx
post Dec 14 2008, 04:17 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Belgian Lands @ Dec 14 2008, 12:15 AM) *
I think you shouldn't have blurted out how easy it is to win fame, David. Cause something that's o so easy according to you, you guys failed at this round.

Yes but chaos has always been announced like a day before so we had more points and would have won, but then suddenly game got changed and chaos just popped up.. =) So I dont see 1:3 as winners even if the archives always will. But they had a great round though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aragon15
post Dec 14 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 947
GA Status:GA Veteran

We assaulted realm Michael Myers (2:3) and conquered 2,591 land, 9,772,216 gold, 98,375 mana, 0 Food and 69,009 peasants.
Our military casualties included 662 Rangers, 715 Dryad, 927 Treant,
but our surviving troops will return in 5 hours.

even though its chaos thats a nice amount of gold with thta land tongue.gif

--------------------
Round 14: 89 Aragon (1:5) Gnome Ice 12,242
Round 16: 85 Old Spice (1:6) Demon Water 12,686
Round 17: 121 Old Iowa (1:6) Goblin Fire 10,638
Round 18: 110 Notorious Hells (3:3) Goblin Fire 11,337
Round 19: 100 What Do You Want From Me (1:1) Goblin Nature 11,163
Round 20: 52 Aragon (1:6) Dwarf Air 13,911
Round 21: 42 Aragon (1:3) Elf Nature 17,013
Round 22: 25 Aragon (3:3) Goblin Fire 21,395
Round 23: 21 Mr Frodo (3:5) Elf Nature 22,232
Round 24: 30 Aragon (1:8) Gnome Water 18,158
Round 25: 4 OJ Simpson (2:3) Elf Nature 25,647
Round 26: 46 Bumblebee (3:2) Dwarf Water 14,870
Round 27: 21 Purethical Reaper (2:4) Elf Nature 21,517
Round 28: 37 I Own You Anthony (1:6) Goblin Nature 17,145

+Quote Post
Belgian Lands
post Dec 15 2008, 01:23 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(davidx @ Dec 14 2008, 05:17 PM) *
Yes but chaos has always been announced like a day before so we had more points and would have won, but then suddenly game got changed and chaos just popped up.. =) So I dont see 1:3 as winners even if the archives always will. But they had a great round though!

even if you guys withdrew in time you wouldn't have passed 1:3. You're just using the fact of the no warning on chaos as an excuse for your defeat. Considering the fact that 12+ hours into chaos the other side surrendered and you still only had 6k fame more then 1:3.

--------------------
Magerealms:

+Quote Post
davidx
post Dec 15 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Belgian Lands @ Dec 15 2008, 02:23 PM) *
even if you guys withdrew in time you wouldn't have passed 1:3. You're just using the fact of the no warning on chaos as an excuse for your defeat. Considering the fact that 12+ hours into chaos the other side surrendered and you still only had 6k fame more then 1:3.

It was a straight win, if we knew when chaos would come we could have pushed it thoose 12 hours before smile.gif thats a fact!

--------------------

+Quote Post
greggsauce
post Dec 17 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 4,561
GA Status:GA Veteran
MR Status:MR Veteran
ST Status:Don't Play ST

You should've been playing like that anyway, not playing relaxed. You had poor judgement, better luck next time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 02:14 PM