IPB
Onlineworlds.org Fun Free Online Massively Multiplayer Strategy Wargames - Galaxies Ablaze - Mage Realms - Star Trades

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ga Spreedsheet
Tempest
post Jan 21 2014, 07:47 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 166
GA Status:GA Veteran
MR Status:New Player
ST Status:New Player

Since I no longer play, I figured I might as well share something I made. I made most of the updates this round, but if there are bugs you're on your own. Otherwise, enjoy!

http://djrow3.com/easmswb/gahakz/

--------------------
The Dark Lord deleted my signature AGAIN! cause i made fun of him...
Which caused me to poke fun at the Dark Lord EVEN MORE cause he is stupid, and smells funny, and looks like a monkey, and has a duck for a brother, and lives in a box, and picks up gum all day, and pretends he is superman, and gets sick from drinking water, and has no friends, and loves to eat grass, and thinks his dog can talk, and make fart jokes all day, and hope aliens will abduct him, and wishes he was a woman, and picks his nose, and puts make-up on, and dosn't know how to swim, and is really fat, and has blue colored hair, and sings in the shower, and dosn't wash himself, and is afraid of bananas, and hates when people talk to him, and makes love to his teddy bear, and wants Michael Jackson to move in with him, and watches guys in the locker room, and dosn't know how to read, and has bad breath, and is bad at GA, and spends all his time under his desk, and thinks Santa is the "Real" Santa, and thinks Chick is his girlfriend, and wishes he could go out with Exotic, and loves to eat gym socks, and hates to see people laugh, and drives a Seg-Way, and deletes sigs, cause he doesn't like them, and is a cheerleader, and is a Girl Scout, and plays with himself, and pretends he is George Bush, and thinks Heklim's a dude, and wants to have Ners babies, and has one friend on AIM (himself)... and is just pain DARK!
(And the more he deletes, the more i add...)

And if he deletes this, it means he is SO insecure with himself, that he is afraid of what some nobody on a web site says about him...

The Dark Lord was here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alpha Prime
post Jan 22 2014, 02:42 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,529
GA Status:Former Player

I think someone playing this game needs to tell me why you are all deleting your planets. At this rate the game is going to really die off.

+Quote Post
Tempest
post Jan 27 2014, 06:47 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

It might have something to do with the fact everyone KT's players "because they are big". Back in the day it was fun to fight it, and overcome, but these days there is no point left.

All of the larger players decided to quit due to being targeted because "we were doing well".

Game is full of wankers now.

--------------------
Which caused me to poke fun at the Dark Lord EVEN MORE cause he is stupid, and smells funny, and looks like a monkey, and has a duck for a brother, and lives in a box, and picks up gum all day, and pretends he is superman, and gets sick from drinking water, and has no friends, and loves to eat grass, and thinks his dog can talk, and make fart jokes all day, and hope aliens will abduct him, and wishes he was a woman, and picks his nose, and puts make-up on, and dosn't know how to swim, and is really fat, and has blue colored hair, and sings in the shower, and dosn't wash himself, and is afraid of bananas, and hates when people talk to him, and makes love to his teddy bear, and wants Michael Jackson to move in with him, and watches guys in the locker room, and dosn't know how to read, and has bad breath, and is bad at GA, and spends all his time under his desk, and thinks Santa is the "Real" Santa, and thinks Chick is his girlfriend, and wishes he could go out with Exotic, and loves to eat gym socks, and hates to see people laugh, and drives a Seg-Way, and deletes sigs, cause he doesn't like them, and is a cheerleader, and is a Girl Scout, and plays with himself, and pretends he is George Bush, and thinks Heklim's a dude, and wants to have Ners babies, and has one friend on AIM (himself)... and is just pain DARK!

And if he deletes this, it means he is SO insecure with himself, that he is afraid of what some nobody on a web site says about him...

The Dark Lord was here

+Quote Post
Belgian Lands
post Jan 28 2014, 12:34 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 23

QUOTE(Tempest @ Jan 27 2014, 07:47 PM) *
It might have something to do with the fact everyone KT's players "because they are big". Back in the day it was fun to fight it, and overcome, but these days there is no point left.

All of the larger players decided to quit due to being targeted because "we were doing well".

Game is full of wankers now.

That and the fact if you wanna do good, you need to update often because people rob you a lot. When i still bothered with GA i saw people go nuts over 2 ticks of income DIRECTLY after tick. Not worth the effort only to turtle because after a handful of days you can deplete your target pool and be forced to repeat hit.

Last year or so it was pretty much and the guy i teamed up with vs 6-8 romanians. Nothing else, can tell you it's no real fun, when people ally up to take 2 peeps down. Once they failed and i won, another round rogues screwed up balance, another round they screwed up again and my friend won. After that i moved and quit GA due to busy at the time. And hearing this surely makes one think twice returning to GA. Considering when i took a peep last round, i only saw planets ridiculously weak at the end of the round.

--------------------
Magerealms:
11 time winner & 4 times second in Honor - 7 time largest realm (Glory & Land) - 17 rounds participated
R59 - Record in size - Underworld (1:3) - 44,508,176 G - 38,651 L - Goblin Barbarian
R70 - Record broken - Eternal Alchemy (1:3) - 95,996,257 G - 118,092 L - 86,512 H - Gnome Air Scholar

+Quote Post
Tempest
post Jan 28 2014, 08:01 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Belgian Lands @ Jan 27 2014, 04:34 PM) *
That and the fact if you wanna do good, you need to update often because people rob you a lot. When i still bothered with GA i saw people go nuts over 2 ticks of income DIRECTLY after tick. Not worth the effort only to turtle because after a handful of days you can deplete your target pool and be forced to repeat hit.

Last year or so it was pretty much and the guy i teamed up with vs 6-8 romanians. Nothing else, can tell you it's no real fun, when people ally up to take 2 peeps down. Once they failed and i won, another round rogues screwed up balance, another round they screwed up again and my friend won. After that i moved and quit GA due to busy at the time. And hearing this surely makes one think twice returning to GA. Considering when i took a peep last round, i only saw planets ridiculously weak at the end of the round.

That is actually EXACTLY what happened this round. We grabbed Positron to avoid the income sharing programs, but Meldrew and I started to break far ahead of everyone else, and then the raids and nukes started even though we had not performed a single double hit all game. I was getting PM's from people in Meldrews own system to kill him, when I said no I recieved raids and nukes for it. Just not a game I want to be playing anymore. I have things more important to me than dealing with people who want to ruin someone's round because they did well, played fair, and are better at the game.

Goodbye GA. I sadly will not be back.

--------------------

The Dark Lord was here

+Quote Post
Alpha Prime
post Jan 31 2014, 08:24 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,529

As both a former player (from way back when) and a member of Tempest's system, I have to admit the mechanics on how GA has to be played now are no longer as intended. The premise of a war game with your team as a solar system and you set out to dominate the galaxy, worked when there were hundreds of planets and (way back) 4 galaxies and 20+ systems. You sought targets based on ratios and defense, and rarely had to re-hit the same target in a WEEK let alone a few days time.

As the game stands now, there are two key points:

First: The size of the universe (26 planets as I type this) and 4 systems already mean that 25% of the universe can't be attacked as they are teammates. Your target pool is at best 3-4 planets, of which you run into the chance of turtles (all defensive units), or just strong planets for sizes and can't be rolled, which really means 1-3. How can you rotate, or play an aggressive strategy anymore? I'm actually surprised so many planets went Volcanic. What does short return times do if all you can do is hit the same planet again? (other than getting troops home soon if you use AAVs) The game size no longer supports the concept of the game. Frankly, if I were to make a suggestion. Just as you killed universes, we need to kill systems, or at least spread people out more. Cap system sizes at 4, and have the same 26+ people across 7 systems instead of 4.

Second: For the few of us who had the honor of playing the game in its glory days (Rounds 6-30ish), or as I like to call it "Pre-Facebook" days, the problem is that newer players have only played during this stage of the game, with not enough planets to have groups, galaxies, alliances, have to fight for wonders, true wars, etc, all the things that legacy players dream about coming back. Thats not a fault of the newer players, they deal with what they have. But as Tempest points out, there used to be a sort of gentleman's agreement, (except for Ners) as to the rules of the game. Old School players still have those in mind, such as not hitting the same target twice in a row, or saving missiles for war status [yes new players, war status was a thing, and yes you got bonuses for it], etc. With this player base, you can't even rally planets to KT people, there's just not enough firepower anymore. The planet strategies have basically boiled down to who can grow the fastest. This player base supports exploration and turtling because in the end, if you have a choice between turtling and hitting the same 2 planets every day, then where is the strategy, challenge, or frankly, fun in those choices?

I understand what happened with Meldrew and Tempest, but I don't think we can all just get upset and quit. There are no easy solutions to what is happening to GA, but decimating the player base further serves no one.

+Quote Post
ners23
post Feb 4 2014, 11:59 PM
Post #7

resident donut salesman

Member No.: 6
GA Status:New player

Gentlemen's agreements are for pasty faced mummy's boys who want their mates to fight their battles for them.

NUKES AS RETALS

+Quote Post
SWB
post Feb 5 2014, 04:50 AM
Post #8

Syndicate Godfather

Member No.: 10

What ners said. And basically what I always said: gaextreme was always the better and more intelligent game.

.... meldrew still around? hahaha. crazy.

--------------------
Death is light as a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain.

Forum Topics started: 56

Syndicate - Mess with one, mess with all!

Apr 19, 6:50 am Troops from Greed of Mankind (1:9) attacked the Rogue Asteroid and conquered 119 land.

+Quote Post
The Dark Lord
post Apr 16 2014, 01:54 AM
Post #9

The forum's grim reaper

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 20
MR Status:Former Player
ST Status:Former Player

I am proud to say I have completely forgotten how to play.

I don't think I've played in at least six years.

--------------------
Round 39: 2 Epistemophobia (2:8) 23,234,216

best finish.... after 34 rounds of trying LOL

+Quote Post
meldrew_loves_au...
post Apr 19 2014, 02:05 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(SWB @ Feb 5 2014, 05:50 AM) *
What ners said. And basically what I always said: gaextreme was always the better and more intelligent game.

.... meldrew still around? hahaha. crazy.

Nah, not really around.

I signed up in January for the first time in years because I had 10 weeks vacation and thought it would be a nice way to kill time. I played for 2 weeks, bumped into Tempest we owned. He got nuked for making a fair hit, then my system was like 'hit him back or you'll die a thousand deaths!!!!!!' So I deleted.

When you can't trust your system mates, you know there's something wrong.

Married with kids, eh? I teach at a univeristy in China and I'm also studying for my MA.

I just signed up to GA to check it out. No scores have been updated in a few rounds. Only 4 systems. R.I.P

--------------------

meldrew69: hey exotic :(
exotics AIM: hey bud why no happy???
meldrew69: ah...its nothing?
exotics AIM: tell me mate i make it better :D
meldrew69: ah ok, its just i hate having no legs!!!!!!
exotics AIM: wot??? you have no legs? what you mean???? your joing?
meldrew69: no mate, last week, while i was in the bath, my legs just kinda fell off.
exotics AIM: omg! im sooo sorry! plz you no lie??? this is truth? im very sad for you, i didnt know, im soooo sorry mate!
meldrew69: ah its ok dont worry about it

Ever Been Hit By Me?
HaRmOnIc GeNeRaToR PUT SHOE ON HEAD Tinkkilainen Kats Pretend Boyfriend No Pants Dance Wie Ein Schmetterling HOUDINI Extrodinare Miss December IRN BRU makes me horney ill stir fry u in my wok i am an arctic monkey Napolean Dynamite HI HO rushden and diamonds I pee sitting down hung like a donkey MILF HUNTER The Return Meltron Wonderland

+Quote Post
Belgian Lands
post Apr 19 2014, 08:55 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(meldrew_loves_aussie_chicks @ Apr 19 2014, 03:05 PM) *
Nah, not really around.

I signed up in January for the first time in years because I had 10 weeks vacation and thought it would be a nice way to kill time. I played for 2 weeks, bumped into Tempest we owned. He got nuked for making a fair hit, then my system was like 'hit him back or you'll die a thousand deaths!!!!!!' So I deleted.

When you can't trust your system mates, you know there's something wrong.

Married with kids, eh? I teach at a univeristy in China and I'm also studying for my MA.

I just signed up to GA to check it out. No scores have been updated in a few rounds. Only 4 systems. R.I.P

GA has been "dead" for countless rounds by now. It's a massive turtlefest now and has been for several years. Those who did attacks got overnuked for hits, and ones in the pack get attacked by larger if they steamroll someone around their 50%. And the scores are being updated, but chick rush reset GA/MR 2 rounds back without triggering an archive and now it's all bugged up. After this round it'll most likely show the scores of the previous round.

--------------------
Magerealms:
11 time winner & 4 times second in Honor - 7 time largest realm (Glory & Land) - 17 rounds participated
R59 - Record in size - Underworld (1:3) - 44,508,176 G - 38,651 L - Goblin Barbarian
R70 - Record broken - Eternal Alchemy (1:3) - 95,996,257 G - 118,092 L - 86,512 H - Gnome Air Scholar

+Quote Post
symtower
post Apr 20 2014, 02:51 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 195

I signed up

I havent played in years lets see how it goes LOL

+Quote Post
meldrew_loves_au...
post Apr 20 2014, 06:26 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE(symtower @ Apr 20 2014, 03:51 AM) *
I signed up

I havent played in years lets see how it goes LOL

I signed up too!

you'll find me pretty easily in game I think. I didn't try very hard to 'hide' hah

--------------------

meldrew69: no mate, last week, while i was in the bath, my legs just kinda fell off.
exotics AIM: omg! im sooo sorry! plz you no lie??? this is truth? im very sad for you, i didnt know, im soooo sorry mate!

Ever Been Hit By Me?
HaRmOnIc GeNeRaToR PUT SHOE ON HEAD Tinkkilainen Kats Pretend Boyfriend No Pants Dance Wie Ein Schmetterling HOUDINI Extrodinare Miss December IRN BRU makes me horney ill stir fry u in my wok i am an arctic monkey Napolean Dynamite HI HO rushden and diamonds I pee sitting down hung like a donkey MILF HUNTER The Return Meltron Wonderland

+Quote Post
ners23
post Apr 22 2014, 10:40 PM
Post #14

resident donut salesman

I'm not playing again.

No one could handle how real I was last time

+Quote Post
Exotic Br Power
post May 2 2014, 09:22 PM
Post #15

The Sexiest Player From OLW!!!

Member No.: 57

Sorry...I didnt read the huge posts but tell me if I'm wrong:

Tempest - "yay Meldrew and I are huge"

Someone in game fuck tempest

Tempest - "bwaaaaaaaaa I will quit...no one loves me...I'll never play this game ever again"

Someone's post - GA is fucked...there is no longer the NAPs with thousands of players like the old times.

Tempest read but dont answer...because everbody think he quit.

Ners - "nuke as retal"

Meldrew - blablabla hahahah blablabla

SWB - GAExtreme rules (I have to agree...its a lot better than normal GA, faster and funnier)

Meldrew - off topic

Belgian - Complains and how good she is...more complain and other shitty things that noone cares or waste time reading.

Me about everything: DL still have 3 nipples?

--------------------
GAX

Round 13: 1 - = Haphazard Sphere = - (1:2) 50,834
Round 15: 5 Lords of the Drinks (1:8) 28,991
Round 21: 3 Brothers in Arms (2:4) 38,259
Round 22: 1 Arda (1:2) 66,779
Round 23: 1 Faster Than The Speed Of Knight. (1:5) 70,287
Round 29: 5 Your Blood Tastes Good...Are You Drunk??? (1:6) 50,670
Round 31: 4 MR Elite V2.1 (1:2) 42,777
Round 39: 1 The best sphere! (2:2) 63,626

+Quote Post
meldrew_loves_au...
post May 3 2014, 02:59 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Exotic Br Power @ May 2 2014, 10:22 PM) *
Sorry...I didnt read the huge posts but tell me if I'm wrong:

Tempest - "yay Meldrew and I are huge"

Someone in game fuck tempest

Tempest - "bwaaaaaaaaa I will quit...no one loves me...I'll never play this game ever again"

Someone's post - GA is fucked...there is no longer the NAPs with thousands of players like the old times.

Tempest read but dont answer...because everbody think he quit.

Ners - "nuke as retal"

Meldrew - blablabla hahahah blablabla

SWB - GAExtreme rules (I have to agree...its a lot better than normal GA, faster and funnier)

Meldrew - off topic

Belgian - Complains and how good she is...more complain and other shitty things that noone cares or waste time reading.
Me about everything: DL still have 3 nipples?

Pretty much spot on. hahaha blablabla

--------------------

Ever Been Hit By Me?

+Quote Post
Exotic Br Power
post May 4 2014, 03:47 PM
Post #17

The Sexiest Player From OLW!!!

Member No.: 57

This forum is older than playstation 2 and nothing changed...hahahaha

--------------------
GAX

Round 13: 1 - = Haphazard Sphere = - (1:2) 50,834
Round 15: 5 Lords of the Drinks (1:8) 28,991
Round 21: 3 Brothers in Arms (2:4) 38,259
Round 22: 1 Arda (1:2) 66,779
Round 23: 1 Faster Than The Speed Of Knight. (1:5) 70,287
Round 29: 5 Your Blood Tastes Good...Are You Drunk??? (1:6) 50,670
Round 31: 4 MR Elite V2.1 (1:2) 42,777
Round 39: 1 The best sphere! (2:2) 63,626

+Quote Post
Belgian Lands
post May 4 2014, 10:59 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Well playstation 2 hasn't changed either in all those years in the forum's defense!

--------------------
Magerealms:

+Quote Post
ners23
post May 14 2014, 01:45 AM
Post #19

resident donut salesman

but people actually used the playstation 2

nobody uses the forum

+Quote Post
Tempest
post Aug 18 2017, 04:08 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ners23 @ May 13 2014, 06:45 PM) *
but people actually used the playstation 2

nobody uses the forum

*crickets*

--------------------

The Dark Lord was here

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 09:03 AM